4pm, 17th Dec, City of London: What Next for Fiduciary Duty in the UK? Plus implications for policy makers elsewhere from our local 2015 experience.
Followed by SFM Participant London Christmas Drinks at 5.30pm at CCLA
A group of UK-based SFM participants, including Paul Dickinson, Catherine Howarth, Rob Lake, Nick Robins and Helen Wildsmith, will be meeting at 4pm on Wednesday 17th December to discuss how we might collaborate in 2015 following:
- the UK Law Commission’s final 2014 report and guidance on fiduciary duty: http://lawcommission.justice.
- the UK government’s recent response: p26 – 32 in https://www.gov.uk/government/
uploads/system/uploads/ attachment_data/file/367070/ bis-14-1157-implementation-of- the-kay-review-progress- report.pdf
We’ll be joined by UKSIF’s Simon Howard and UN PRI’s Helene Winch, and our discussion will include how SFM Participants can feed in local 2015 experience into the UNEP Inquiry co-led by Nick to help policy makers in other countries. This is also a chance to learn about “Freshfields III” (click here for “Freshfields II”: http://www.unepfi.org/
Please let Kazutaka Kuroda (email@example.com) know if you’ll be joining us for:
- the roundtable discussion at 4pm (but not the drinks)
- the roundtable discussion at 4pm, immediately followed by SFM Participant London Christmas drinks at 5.30pm
- SFM Participant London Christmas drinks from 5.30pm (but not the roundtable)