Jane Ambachtsheer is Partner and Global Head of Responsible Investment at Mercer Investments, Based in Toronto, Jane joined Mercer’s London, UK office in 2000. She is responsible for leading Mercer's responsible investment business, and advises investors in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Jane was consultant to the United Nations through the development of the Principles for Responsible Investment, which have now been supported by more than 1000 signatories. She is involved in a number of industry initiatives, acts as a North American advisor to the Carbon Disclosure Project and sits on the Investment Committee of the Toronto Atmospheric Fund.
Jane is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Toronto, where she teaches a graduate course on responsible investment. She holds a Master of Social Science from the University of Amsterdam and a Bachelor of Economics and English literature with honours from York University. Prior to joining Mercer, Jane worked for CEM Benchmarking.
In 2011, Jane received a Lifetime Achievement Award for her work from the Canadian Social Investment Organisation.
- Sustainable capitalism and aligning incentives through the investment chain
- Climate change and investment risk and opportunity
- Shareholder engagement / stewardship
- Long-horizon investment
- Universal ownership
- Employee attraction and retention & sustainable benefit design (DB, DC, health, communications)
- Evolving concepts of fiduciary duty
- C2I (citizen to investor) activity on sustainability/climate